Clinical Guide for Integrated Dual Disorder Treatment (IDDT)
The Clinical Guide for Integrated Dual Disorder Treatment
(IDDT) is a 56-page booklet that provides an introduction to the clinical practices of
this evidence-based practice. IDDT is designed for people who have been diagnosed with serious mental illness and co-occurring substance use disorders. We created this booklet as a way to inform, to educate, and to advocate for integrated treatment.
FREE PDF, 56-PAGES
This booklet gives you a basic introduction to the treatment of co-occurring disorders and the role of multidisciplinary IDDT service teams. It also gives you tips for your practice that you can use today. It is designed to get you started—to prepare you for training, consultation, and discussions with colleagues. Topics explored in this booklet include the following:
- Interacting with Consumers | The Impact of Cognitive Impairments
- Co-occurring Disorders | A Brief Overview of the Continuum of Severity
- Integrated Primary Health
- Screening and Assessment | The Importance of Continuous Assessment
- Comprehensive Assessment | Putting the Pieces Together
- Diagnosis and Eligibility
- Staging and Treatment Planning (stages of change)
- Stage-Wise Treatment (psychosocial interventions and medication)
- Clinical Leadership
- Fidelity and Outcomes
- Tobacco and Recovery
- Download the free PDF of this 56-page booklet. See right column.
STAGE-WISE TREATMENT, 8 PAGES
This booklet features an 8-page document that contains a Stage-Wise Treatment Table on three panels, which is designed as an at-a-glance overview of clinical philosophies and practices of IDDT.
This is an ideal tool for educating, training, and building
consensus for integrated treatment among multiple audiences within your
organization and throughout your community.
The Stage-Wise Treatment Table is designed to be used with the Clinical Guide booklet and as a separate clinical tool for service teams. In fact, this document is actually the cover of the booklet, but we have printed it separately to provide you with a lightweight resource. Order some copies for your team members. Also use it to inform, educate,
and build consensus among collaborators and stakeholders.
- Download the order form to obtain printed copies of the Stage-Wise Treatment Table. See right column.
Integrated Dual Disorder Treatment
(IDDT) was created by researchers at the Dartmouth Psychiatric Research Center. It is an evidence-based practice that is endorsed by the U.S. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
CITATIONTitle: Clinical Guide for Integrated Dual Disorder Treatment (IDDT)
Publication Year: 2012
Publisher City: Cleveland
Publisher Name: Center for Evidence-Based Practices at Case Western Reserve University